I’m afraid I’m going to have to kill this project before it even gets started. At the present I am simply not able to spare the time that would be required to do this right. And if I can’t do it right, I won’t do it at all.
There are countless wonderful jazz albums out there, and if I can’t share some of them with you each week on the radio, then sharing a few this way is the next best thing. I still want to do that, but this is not the time. In a few months I’ll re-visit the idea and we’ll see what happens.
If you like, you can keep up to date on what I’m doing by following me on Twitter. Go to www.twitter.com/JazzJock. I’d love to see you there!
For those of you who think Twitter is just for kids, let me point out that these folks (and several million others) don’t agree!
Name / Twitter ID
- Ben Allison / @benallisonmusic
- Carri Bella / @CarriBella
- Blue Note Records / @bluenoterecords
- Terrence Brewer / @TerrenceBrewer
- Mike Clark / @mikeclarkdrums
- Jimmy Cobb / @JimmyCobb
- Jamie Cullum / @jamiecullum
- Steve Gadd / @DrSteveGadd
- Roberta Gambarini / @rgambarini
- Larry Goldings / @LarryGoldings *
- Geoffrey Keezer /@geoffreykeezer
- Geoff Lapp / @GeoffLappTrio
- Marsalis Music / @MarsalisMusic
- Christian McBride / @mcbridesworld
- Cameron Mizell / @cameronmizell
- Beverly Ritz / @ritzymusic
- Esperanza Spalding / @EspeSpalding *
- Mia Vermillion / @MiaVermillion
- Matt Wilson / @mattwilsonjazz
- Even the late Benny Powell was on Twitter as @Bennybone!
I could go on all day listing great jazz people who are on Twitter, but if the list above doesn’t convince you, nothing will.
By the way, the names followed by an asterisk (*) are people I am not presently following because I found them after I reached Twitter’s built-in follow limit. As soon as I’m able to follow more people, these folks will be the first to be added!
As always, thanks for your support. 🙂